Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  
Deranged Nasat -- A very good moring to you all. Just checking in on everyone.
Sephirah -- Mriytic Cardăsa!
Yeela -- Good Morning Cardassia!
Yeela -- Shada!! sup!
Yeela -- biggrin.gif

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Add Reply
New Poll

The Limits of 'Bring Your Kids to Work"
Isadorabelle
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 02:44 AM

Legate

Group: Central Command
Member No.: 1

As far as I know, we only saw two TNG episodes with Cardassians in them. the first one featured those simple uniforms, but in the second one (which I think was a two parter, but not 100% sure) The Gul in it allowed his small daughter to be around while he interrogated his prisoner.

Obviously children probably aren't allowed on military vessels, but do you think there would be other limits to the thinking that it is good and okay to bring children to work?

--------------------
PM
^
Gul Re'jal
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 02:56 AM

Always a Glinn

Group: Prefect
Member No.: 3

There were more than two Cardassian episodes in TNG smile.gif

Hmm, I'm not sure children wouldn't be allowed on a military vessel. Of course, they wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere with the crew, but I can easily imagine an educational school trip to see a tough life of a soldier. Or a daddy bringing his kid to see his work.

Kids watched tribunals.

I think in the name of "education" and propaganda, they'd take kids to many places, even if it might seem like not an appropriate place. Gee, Gul Darhe'el might have brought his kids to show how to "properly" treat Bajoran workers. After all, Madred had no problem exposing his daughter to his torturing a man huh.gif
PMWebsite
^
Isadorabelle
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 07:01 PM

Legate

Group: Central Command
Member No.: 1

There was more than two? My memory is terrible, I need to go check out memory alpha, haha!

That's something I'm curious about though. It seems to me that there would have to be limits, but you're right, Madred bringing his daughter to his worn environment certainly doesn't seem to support that thinking.

--------------------
PM
^
Ziyal Lasaran
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 04:04 AM

Jagul

Group: Cardassian
Member No.: 71

Just found this old thread... smile.gif

I guess there were at least five (double episode counts as two) episodes with Cardassians in TNG. But to be sure I have to look it up as well.

I guess Cardassians have no problems with bringing kids to work, as long as it is safe for children. I can even imagine that it is encouraged somehow because they should learn as early as possible what it means to be a worthy member of society. So the kids should see their parents as their idols to learn well and fastly to be like them and serve Cardassia. That it includes seeing some violence is tolerated or perhaps even wanted to educate them to be ruthless against anyone who is an enemy of the state.

This post has been edited by Ziyal Lasaran: Jun 9 2014, 04:07 AM

--------------------
"A different point of view can lead to a different point of understanding or a deeper one."
~ Iloja of Prim~
PMWebsite
^
Nerys Ghemor
 Posted: Apr 15 2015, 04:02 PM

Hebitian at Heart

Group: Prefect
Member No.: 4

Also finding an old topic...

It occurs to me that with age being revered, finding jobs for young people (even conscriptees who only served their obligation instead of making a career of it) could be difficult since the mindset is to retain experienced individuals as long as they are effective and discrimination against elders is probably not a major thing. Under more normal circumstances (Gul Madred hopefully wasn't normal!), I would imagine early exposure to a parent's line of work could later lead to an apprenticeship or internship that might help with overcoming hiring difficulties that young people might experience in a society favoring the old.

--------------------
Avatar credit: balsavor.deviantart.com
PM
^
Gazomg
 Posted: Apr 15 2015, 04:52 PM

Dal

Group: Cardassian
Member No.: 70

seems there are NINE TNG episodes to do with cardassia

"The Wounded" (Season 4)
"Ensign Ro" (Season 5)
"Chain of Command, Part I" (Season 6)
"Chain of Command, Part II"
"The Chase"
"Parallels" (Season 7)
"Lower Decks"
"Journey's End"
"Preemptive Strike"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll