Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  
Deranged Nasat -- A very good moring to you all. Just checking in on everyone.
Sephirah -- Mriytic Cardăsa!
Yeela -- Good Morning Cardassia!
Yeela -- Shada!! sup!
Yeela -- biggrin.gif

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Comparison of Cardassian tech and other powers
Glinn Kale
 Posted: Jul 21 2012, 07:59 AM

Civilian

Group: Cardassian
Member No.: 41

I don't have enough confidential data to claim that Cardassian medicine is ahead of others races.I would just say that Cardassians had balls to experiment on living examples and they put a lot much needed resources into medicine research.While other races don't put so much effort in it.

They have advanced computer systems ,and interesting thing is that Cardassians are only race with starfleet who use phasers.A large cannon mounted on red deflector on Galor and Keldon is a actually a phaser cannon who is supposed to overload and destroy shield system of the weaker ships.
When Cardassian fleet swiched sides in dominon war there are few shots where Galor class,probably type II or III destroyes dominon bug ship and breen frigate ship with single short blast on each.
Same cannon is mounted on the Hideki type III and IV but it is much weaker than Galore's or Keldons.

The Keldon class is most likely developed by Cardassian military and it was obvious that nor romulan or Tal shiar engineers took part in designing it.

The reason why Federation was so successful in pre dominon war conflicts with Cardassians is.At that time the best what Cardassian military could offer was Galor type I and few type II.The outcome would be completly different if Cardassians had Keldons or type III Galor vessels.

It remains to be seen with what new ship designs Cardassians will built to keep order in their part of space and to oppose stronger threats such as borg or klingons.
PMEmail
^
Gul Re'jal
 Posted: Jul 21 2012, 08:57 AM

Always a Glinn

Group: Prefect
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Glinn Kale @ Jul 21 2012, 08:59 PM)
I would just say that Cardassians had balls to experiment on living examples

Balls or cruelty?
PMWebsite
^
Glinn Kale
 Posted: Jul 21 2012, 09:35 AM

Civilian

Member No.: 41

Well what they did to the Bajorans and other to us unknown enslaved cultures are pure act of cruelty.But u gotta have balls to do something like that ,messing with dangerous science and harming and killing innocent ...What i mean is genetic engineering is dangerous , look what happened on abandoned Empok nor when those poor psychical altered soldiers start killing everything in their sight.

This reminds me on WWII in so many ways...When the germans did same things with peoples they held and murdered in concentration camps.Bajorans are spiritual peoples like jews and Cardassians were cruel and strict like nazis :/
PMEmail
^
Nerys Ghemor
 Posted: Jul 21 2012, 02:33 PM

Hebitian at Heart

Group: Prefect
Member No.: 4

There's certainly nothing noble or brave about experimenting on living people. I think we can be fans of the Cardassians without glorifying the wrong and cruel actions they took.

This post has been edited by Nerys Ghemor: Jul 21 2012, 02:34 PM

--------------------
Avatar credit: balsavor.deviantart.com
PM
^
Alket Rakor
 Posted: Oct 3 2012, 08:39 AM

Member No.: 47

Well, as it's already been stated, Cardassian Medical technology, or at least those related to things like cosmetic surgery are top notch. Someone's already mentioned Boone, but don't forget Marritza in the episode "Duet". Apparently a file clerk can afford to put all his affairs in order, give his housekeeper a big bonus and get himself genetically altered to look like Gul Darhe'el.

I really do think that anything deemed worthwhile to the state would have heavy R&D investment, but resource limitation would impact on what could be made. I suspect with unlimited resources the Galor and Keldon's could be the strongest starships in the quadrant., but with limited resources it may be the case that the hull thickness is not uniform, or cheap crystals power the phaser banks instead. Making the strength and durability of the ships different across the orders. Cardassian Designers and Engineers certainly have the aesthetic ability, but we've certainly seen that they are lax in comparison to some of the powers.
PMEmail
^
Glinn Khold
 Posted: Oct 3 2012, 10:09 AM

Jagul

Member No.: 46

Mhm, I thought the same, about resources.

Seems the best Hideki, Galor and Keldon-class ships have their thick hulls and strong spiral wave disruptor to compensate the poor shields and engines (in the case of the two bigger ships). I noticed a Galor-class is almost as maneuverable as a Galaxy-class (that is - they can't maneuver very well). One thing I like on their ships is that they build them with the possibility to upgrade in mind, probably knowing they *might* get enough resources to improve their fleets without having to scrap ships and lose precious materials already used.

--------------------
"To make people do whatever you want is just a matter to tell them whatever they want to hear." - Glinn Khold
PMEmailWebsite
^
onecardassian
 Posted: Oct 25 2013, 05:49 PM

Garresh

Member No.: 68

Also, don't forget the scientific research it took in order to develop Holo-projections and Sensor Ghosts. Both of these technologies added with the Cardassian tactics were able to confuse the Klingons and lead them into traps during the Klingon/Cardassian war shortly before the Dominion arrived on scene.

Cardassian Tactics

This post has been edited by onecardassian: Oct 25 2013, 05:53 PM
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll