Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  
Deranged Nasat -- A very good moring to you all. Just checking in on everyone.
Sephirah -- Mriytic Cardăsa!
Yeela -- Good Morning Cardassia!
Yeela -- Shada!! sup!
Yeela -- biggrin.gif

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Add Reply
New Poll

How did deep-cover agents defeat bioscans?
Nerys Ghemor
 Posted: Nov 24 2015, 12:59 PM

Hebitian at Heart

Group: Prefect
Member No.: 4

We see some pretty sophisticated technology by the 24th century, including not just the ability to detect biosigns at a great distance, but also to determine what species that individual is. Yet we have seen Cardassia on multiple occasions be able to insert deep-cover agents and get away with it for years on end, even in places like DS9 and Voyager where one would expect this kind of deep scanning to be almost constant. How are the deep-cover agents evading detection? Their surgical techniques seem to be very advanced but do you also feel there is more to it, and if so, what?

--------------------
Avatar credit: balsavor.deviantart.com
PM
^
Marritza
 Posted: Nov 24 2015, 10:54 PM

Jagul

Group: Cardassian
Member No.: 42

I always wondered this too. Especially if the agent is injured or sick and need evasive treatment.
PM
^
Gul Re'jal
 Posted: Nov 25 2015, 07:06 AM

Always a Glinn

Member No.: 3

I imagine some kind of sensor dampening and simultaneous sending false data would be involved.

As for serious injury, most likely they had orders to take one of those pills that turn your body into dust. No evidence you were not what you appeared to be.

The only risk would be if you were unconscious after being injured and unable to prevent them from opening you up for surgery.
PMWebsite
^
Nerys Ghemor
 Posted: Nov 25 2015, 06:57 PM

Hebitian at Heart

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Gul Re'jal @ Nov 25 2015, 07:06 AM)
I imagine some kind of sensor dampening and simultaneous sending false data would be involved.

I've actually been using a similar idea for a character of a different species elsewhere. smile.gif That said, the technique could have limitations (something I've long suspected my character has to face). Sending false data does mean hacking, and might only affect the systems of individual locations. I would imagine some risk comes with that sort of tampering.

As for serious injury, most likely they had orders to take one of those pills that turn your body into dust. No evidence you were not what you appeared to be.

The only risk would be if you were unconscious after being injured and unable to prevent them from opening you up for surgery.

That would definitely be a risk of that method.

One alternate method I've considered...I wonder if there is something more serious going on from a biomedical standpoint, such as DNA and even internal organ alteration? Although we know the Feds couldn't do that in the 23rd century, I wonder if the Cardassians could. This question arises for me because I would have thought Major Kira would realize she is in fact still Bajoran if...well, all the guts still feel the same despite the changed exterior.

--------------------
Avatar credit: balsavor.deviantart.com
PM
^
Gul Re'jal
 Posted: Nov 26 2015, 09:08 AM

Always a Glinn

Member No.: 3

I wouldn't put it beyond the Obisdian Order to re-arrange a person inside to fit the mission. Even if it's risky, unhealthy, or fatal in the long run. So yeah, that's an option too.
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll