Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  
Deranged Nasat -- A very good moring to you all. Just checking in on everyone.
Sephirah -- Mriytic Cardăsa!
Yeela -- Good Morning Cardassia!
Yeela -- Shada!! sup!
Yeela -- biggrin.gif

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Add Reply
New Poll

New Star Trek TV Series
Marritza
 Posted: Nov 3 2015, 01:59 AM

Jagul

Group: Cardassian
Member No.: 42

I just read on Facebook that they are releasing s new Star Trek series in January 2016. I wonder if it will feature Cardassians. Anyway, who's excited!
PM
^
Gul Re'jal
 Posted: Nov 3 2015, 10:27 AM

Always a Glinn

Group: Prefect
Member No.: 3

Sceptical is the word for me.

But it's going to be an interesting birthday gift for my very round BD wink.gif
PMWebsite
^
Marritza
 Posted: Nov 3 2015, 11:30 PM

Jagul

I just hope they don't screw it up. I did like the JJ Abrams movies, only they were lacking in the original 'To go where no one has gone before' exploration factor that originally drew me towards Star Trek.
PM
^
Nerys Ghemor
 Posted: Nov 4 2015, 06:47 PM

Hebitian at Heart

Member No.: 4

I'm going to try to stay away from spoilers once those start coming out. I would rather not let hype OR negative talk color my perspective once I see the real thing.

--------------------
Avatar credit: balsavor.deviantart.com
PM
^
Gul Re'jal
 Posted: Nov 4 2015, 10:20 PM

Always a Glinn

QUOTE (Nerys Ghemor @ Nov 5 2015, 12:47 AM)
I'm going to try to stay away from spoilers once those start coming out.

Very much this! That's my usual MO anyway. But I think it's going to become more and more difficult to avoid spoilers the closer we get to the premiere.

Right now I'm just curious. I'm not assuming it's going to be bad or good. I just don't know. We'll see.

I mean... if I am able to watch it.
PMWebsite
^
Nerys Ghemor
 Posted: Nov 4 2015, 11:14 PM

Hebitian at Heart

QUOTE (Gul Re'jal @ Nov 4 2015, 10:20 PM)

Very much this! That's my usual MO anyway. But I think it's going to become more and more difficult to avoid spoilers the closer we get to the premiere.

Right now I'm just curious. I'm not assuming it's going to be bad or good. I just don't know. We'll see.

Even if you guys have a delay, some of the press releases make it look like people internationally may have an easier time of it because it will be distributed concurrently on regular TV as opposed to the streaming service in the US. The UK is a large enough market I would expect you guys to get it.

I'm really of two minds about the whole subscription service thing. It's not the streaming that annoys me; it's the halfway state we're in technologically, where cable companies know they are about to die and are still struggling for life, so you end up paying for TONS of crap you don't need because of the convenience of a few things they make hard to obtain anywhere else.

Technically I already do have one streaming subscription because I have Amazon Prime, and I use it sometimes for viewing old Star Trek episodes, but Prime gets me shipping benefits as well as streaming stuff. I would actually get rid of cable TV entirely if I could, but unfortunately the cable news channel I want is not streaming to anyone without a cable subscription, and it is inconvenient to get all of the sports I want during college football season without cable (though that part is supposedly a little more doable).

If those situations improve by 2017, that MIGHT end up being the time I ditch cable entirely, but I am not sure if the Internet/TV merger will have fully completed by then, and we may still be stuck in the annoying halfway position that we are currently in. I have already started reducing my cable services as far as I can. I would like to hope that 12-16 months from now, things will be further along and I actually can drop my cable subscription and only do business with the cable company for Internet.

--------------------
PM
^
Gul Re'jal
 Posted: Nov 5 2015, 07:51 AM

Always a Glinn

QUOTE (Nerys Ghemor @ Nov 5 2015, 05:14 AM)
QUOTE (Gul Re'jal @ Nov 4 2015, 10:20 PM)

Even if you guys have a delay, some of the press releases make it look like people internationally may have an easier time of it because it will be distributed concurrently on regular TV as opposed to the streaming service in the US. The UK is a large enough market I would expect you guys to get it.

I don't know about the UK, as I don't really watch TV any more, so can't compare the current delays with US TV series, but in Hong Kong that delay is a few years. I imagine the UK would be at least months, if not a full year or more. I wouldn't call that "easier" at all.

Also, one would need to define "regular TV".
PMWebsite
^
Nerys Ghemor
 Posted: Nov 6 2015, 01:51 AM

Hebitian at Heart

By "regular TV" I mean on cable or antenna as opposed to streaming over the Internet, which is why I thought it might be more convenient to get the show even with a delay, than what may be happening here in the US.

I do wonder if CBS will get enough backlash that they'll be forced by 2017 to change their "streaming only" idea?

--------------------
PM
^
Gul Re'jal
 Posted: Nov 6 2015, 07:09 PM

Always a Glinn

The only "regular TV" by part of this definition I have is BBC. I have no idea how long BBC would have to wait to be allowed to show the new Star Trek, but from my experience such "public TVs" are the ones who wait the longest (as opposed to private TVs on cable, who have more money, because they are pay-to-watch businesses).

The bottom line is: this is outrageous. Such a show shouldn't be limited to one source only.
PMWebsite
^
Marritza
 Posted: Nov 24 2015, 11:01 PM

Jagul

We Aussies won't be seeing this new series until 2017 sad.gif Even then it will only be available via our very expensive pay to network. Not sure when the public channels will pick it up.
PM
^
Nerys Ghemor
 Posted: Nov 24 2015, 11:17 PM

Hebitian at Heart

QUOTE (Marritza @ Nov 24 2015, 11:01 PM)
We Aussies won't be seeing this new series until 2017 sad.gif Even then it will only be available via our very expensive pay to network. Not sure when the public channels will pick it up.

That sucks...where was it announced? I'd want to see the article to see if it adds any additional info on the US airing.

Which really begs a question about what we're going to do here on the forum about spoilers...

--------------------
PM
^
Gilora Moset
 Posted: Nov 30 2015, 02:02 PM

Garresh

Member No.: 50

I am really allowing myself to hope for the best. I really want a few Cardassians (Maybe even one in star fleet? It would be interesting to see how duty to the state works in the federation. )

But honestly I just hope it's not like the movies, although from the article I feel like they are planning to return more to the original idea of star trek.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Gilora Moset
 Posted: Nov 30 2015, 02:06 PM

Garresh

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Nerys Ghemor @ Nov 24 2015, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (Marritza @ Nov 24 2015, 11:01 PM)

That sucks...where was it announced? I'd want to see the article to see if it adds any additional info on the US airing.

Which really begs a question about what we're going to do here on the forum about spoilers...

I hope you don't mind me joining in on this.

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-t...es-january-2017 this is the article that I got.

as for spoilers maybe it would be good to put it in the title of the threads such as [spoilers s2 ep34] so that people can enter once they have watched up to that point. smile.gif
PMEmailWebsite
^
Gazomg
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 05:45 AM

Dal

Member No.: 70

not too fond of the new writer

so not expecting much

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Kejal
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 07:02 PM

Garresh

Member No.: 95

I will give this new series a chance and then I'll either like it or not. It's as easy as that. XD
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll